T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand ~ My Thoughts

T3 Curling Wand Review | The Elgin Avenue Blog

The subject of today’s blog post is one of my favourite T3 styling tools – the T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand.

I mean, three curling options in one?! But we’ll get to that . . .

A few years back I was introduced to T3 styling tools by a few of my favourite bloggers in the US.

Jess Ann Kirby raved about the easy beachy waves she achieved using her T3 tools. Ditto Sivan Ayla whose long California-style locks are nigh-on perfect.

Fast foward a short while and I got word that T3 was launching in the UK! By way of fate one of my good friends was representing T3 at the time, and so I lucked out in getting to try the T3 hairdryer, and T3 SinglePass Curling Wand early on.

Immediately I ‘got’ why people raved about T3 styling tools.

For one, T3 styling tools are beautiful to look at. All of my tools are white with rose gold detailing.

And two, they’re really, really, good at their job.

With T3 you don’t need to compromise on look or efficiency.

Win/Win.

At £240 the T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand is pricey, so I wanted to put it to the test before reporting back to you. Here are my thoughts . . .

T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand

My Thoughts On Each Barrel

Barrel 1 – Largest Barrel

Overall aesthetic: glossy bouncy blowdry

Staying power: as I type this blog post I’ve had my DIY blow-dry in place for 3 days and I havn’t needed to top up the waves.

My favourite feature of this barrel is the ‘bounce’ you get from using it. The waves are super soft and the volume is amazing. I love each barrel for different reasons, but this is the only curling wand I’ve ever used which has given me this kind of result.

Barrel 2 – Conical Barrel

Overall aesthetic: well-defined relaxed waves.

Staying power: I LOVE the way these waves look – they’re really well-defined but not ‘perfect’ which suits me juuuuust fine.

After I’d slept on this style the waves naturally fell out slightly, so I re-tonged the sections around the front a little. But I easily could have left it too.

Barrel 3 – Smallest Barrel

Overall aesthetic: undone ‘beachy waves’.

Staying power: this barrel is PERFECT for those ‘beachy waves’ I’m always looking to achieve.

This is the most classic barrel of the three, and it is so satisfying to use.

Just as with all the other barrels it heats up so quickly, stays a consistent temperature and the results are great.

OVERALL

If you are looking to buy a new curling wand, I definitely suggest looking into T3.

If you usually stick to one wave style, then you could look into one of the singlepass curlers, but you may as well go for an interchangeable curling iron (for £20 more) since T3 have so many options for additional barrels you can buy at a later date.

The T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand has to be the gold standard though. If all three of the looks above are to your liking, then the trio’s likely to be a good fit for you.

WHAT’S YOUR TAKE?

Have you used T3 tools before? If so, what’s your take? I’d love to know!

Love, Monica x

CREDITS

Curling Wand: T3 c/o | Makeup Bag: Elizabeth Scarlett c/o

T3 Curling Wand Review | The Elgin Avenue Blog T3 Curling Wand Review | The Elgin Avenue Blog