Hooray for Wedding Week here on the blog! S O much has happened in the (almost!) 12 months since Oli and I said “I do” that it is so lovely to look back on such magical memories together. Revisiting our photos and memories is giving me all the good wedding feels again. And that’s a lovely little bubble to be in once more! Today I’m excited to share a closer look at my beautiful bridesmaids, and their stunning olive green bridesmaid dresses by Rewritten.
If you’ve had a peek at any of my other wedding blog posts, especially my wedding stationery feature with Papier and our wedding day recap, you’ll know that olive trees quickly became the emblem for our wedding. Reasons below!
For one, Oli and I exchanged our vows in the olive grove at Alcaufar Vell. The most magical rustic clearing, filled with olive trees whose silvery branches cocooned the garden.
Two, I nerdily love that Oli is my own ‘Olive’, just add the ‘R’. Ha!
And finally, olive trees are historically a symbol of peace and love. Two values we want to carry forwards in our marriage.
Hence, olives and all things soft green woven into our wedding day.
Bridesmaid Dresses by Rewritten
Though I had a very clear idea of the colour of bridesmaid dresses I was looking for, I was initially stumped!
I couldn’t find dresses in the shade I was looking for. Or in an elegant understated style which suited the Mediterranean backdrop.
Fortunately, a good friend of mine pointed me in the direction of Rewritten, a brilliant UK-based bridesmaid dress brand founded two wonderful women Fran and Katie.
The moment I perused Rewritten’s bridesmaid dresses, I knew I’d found ‘the ones’.
I was on the hunt for a shade of green which would echo the olive trees peppering our venue, be that a sage, soft khaki, or – as it turns out – this beautiful dusty ‘Marine’ colour by Rewritten.
Mix and Match Bridesmaid Dresses by Rewritten
One of the things which drew me to Rewritten’s bridesmaid dresses was the option to ‘mix and match’ dresses. Fran and Katie designed Rewritten’s collections so that both the colours, and the styles, work harmoniously with one another.
Since I was set on the colour, ‘Marine’ (not ‘Alcaufar Vell Olive Green’ as I called it in my mind, ha!), I gave my bridesmaids the option of trying on different styles. They had free reign to choose whichever shape they loved.
Rewritten truly have a bridesmaid dress style for every body shape. Whether you want something slinky, something more bohemian or even a cool jumpsuit, you have the ultimate choice range with Rewritten.
Though my bridesmaids tried on a whole range of dress styles, they all unanimously ended up choosing the Rewritten Mykonos Dress in Marine. No wonder since it looks so beautiful on them all!
The Mykonos style was universally flattering on all of my bridesmaid babes, and I absolutely love looking back on photos of the four of them together. It genuinely makes my heart swell.
My Advice for Choosing Bridesmaid Dresses
Much like finding your dream wedding dress, there are a few key things worth taking into consideration when choosing your bridesmaid dresses:
- the climate of your wedding location. Is it likely to be hot, cold, windy? Will you mainly be inside or outdoors? This will inform the style of dress you choose, and if you need an added layer.
- your overall colour theme. Which colours would you like to run throughout your wedding?
- a flattering dress shape. Or, give your bridesmaids the option to choose a shape they’re comfortable with.
It’s important to work with your bridesmaids. You want them to feel amazing in whatever they’re wearing, rather than ending up with a 27 Dresses situation, ha!
I truly hope that my bridesmaids will re-wear their dresses.
I can see them styling them with a denim jacket, belt and trainers for daytime.
Or dressing them up with statement earrings and heels.
Hmm, I may need to get a Rewritten dress myself!
Shopping Information for Rewritten Bridesmaids re: COVID-19
I’ve double-checked Rewritten’s stance on choosing bridesmaid dresses in the current climate.
Lovely ladies that they are, Fran and Katie have thought it all through.
Here’s what you need to know, in Rewritten’s own words:
- We now have 11 colours and 10 styles with everything available in every colour, in sizes 6 – 30! Perfect for mixing and matching.
- We have a WHOLE YEAR exchanges policy in place to help out all of our brides affected by COVID – just in case they find themselves with a winter wedding rather than spring and want to change colours/styles/sizes.
- Our East London showroom is open and back up and running with all safety procedures in place, extra cleaning, time between appointments for disinfecting and appointment numbers limited to 6 people.
- We sell online and ship all around the world with 3-5 working day delivery in the UK.
- We have an at-home zero contact drop off appointment service for girls within the M25 – our concierge company will bring your selected dresses to try on, drop them at your door, wait for 40 minutes and then take them away once you have tried, so that you can then place your order having tried the dresses!
Hooray for Rewritten! Thanks ladies!
A Competition! WIN your Bridesmaid Dresses!
Rewritten currently have a competition running to WIN your bridesmaid dresses! Follow the instructions on their Instagram account here to enter!
Rewritten were the DREAM brand to work with for my bridesmaids’ dresses. My whole bridal party looked absolutely stunning on the day, and they all felt beautiful and comfortable in their dresses.
If you are on the hunt for bridesmaid dresses, I can 100% recommend Rewritten.
What’s Your Take?
Are you on the hunt for bridesmaid dresses too? If so, how’s the search going?!
I’d love to know!
Love, Monica x
~ A HUGE thank you to Fran and Katie for making the whole bridesmaid dress shopping experience an absolute dream. I had the best time finding the perfect dresses for my bridesmaids! Memories I’ll treasure forever. Rewritten generously offered a discount to me for my bridesmaid dresses; as always all opinions are truly reflective of my experience and taste. ~